Oasis International is a nonprofit, 501(c) (3), organization serving the African immigrant
Community and the lowincome neighborhood of West End, Elmwood, Upper
Southwest Providence, Lower Southwest Providence, and Washington Park. Oasis
International started in 1992, as an effort to identify and maintain an infrastructure for
professional development for its members. Through the exchange of technical
information, general business assistance, and the promotion of cultural activities, we are
dedicated to long-term social exchange, cultural and economic development in our
Oasis International's Philosophy
* "We build the road and the road builds
us." - Sarvodaya Shramadana
* Create community leaders both to
govern and guide their community.
* Economic Literacy and Credit
Counseling for residents.
* Support and engage the youth in
activities that develop their skills and creativity.
* Promote social change, economic Literacy and civil engagement in the community.
* Respect for cultural heritage of our diverse community.
* Reward academic performance by awarding scholarships to Oasis Youth that are college bound students.
The day-to-day administration of Oasis International is the responsibility of a Fourteen- member volunteer board and supported by a Volunteer full time Executive Director and Program Director. An eight-member volunteer Advisory Board, made up of distinguished citizens from within and outside of our community, provides oversight, advice for the organization.
The African community groups affiliated with the organization include, but are not limited to: The
Nigerian, Ghanaian, Liberian, and Senegalese community organizations, the African Alliance of RI,
Pan African-American Society of RI, and the African Nurses Association of RI.